Friday, July 3, 2009

Yes, I have other children

So my kiddos are getting handier at the computer, especially my 3 year old. He knows how to go to 3 websites. He clicks on the internet link and scrolls down the address bar to look for webkins.com, nickjr.com, and our blog. He acts all grown up and says he is "seeing how Efin is doing" when he looks at the blog. The kids have been mentioning lately that there are NEVER pictures of them on the posts. So here it goes. . . A post about ALL my children:

My older kiddos have done swim team this summer. Both have stuck with it and exceeded my expectations. Alexa has stuck with it and enjoyed the social aspects of having swim team with her BFF's. She was so excited in that picture cause she had a pink ribbon. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was a disqualification one (leg kicks weren't right). Gage, as usual, has stuck with it because he is determined to make it to divisionals and be the "best of the best". He has done well and is always picked to be on the relay team at the meets. At this weeks meet Cannon turned to me and asked why their swim races are meat?


Cannon has more personality than our whole family put together. He came in my room this morning with his hands held high, so excited to tell me something. And anyone that knows Cannon knows he studders when he can't spit his words out fast enough. Our conversation was about "How daddy was so bawing (boring)" He kept saying over and over with his hand waving about. I finally asked him why daddy was so boring? He said "cause he doesn't take me to the Lake anymore". I thought that was so funny. I explained I am sorry. It's not that daddy is boring. He is just always at the hospital helping take of care Ethan for me. I wasn't sure if that explanation was suffice. But after thinking hard for a minute he dropped his arms and said "Okay" and walked out. Drama over.

Thanks to my cute, darling, and creative friend Heidi (love her name) and my other cute, darling, delivery girlfriend Liz, Ethan has a festive holiday beeny and glow sticks to ring in the fourth! Hopefully I can get a better pic if his ET tube is out tomorrow.
FYI- The plan is to extubate at 8am tomorrow(Saturday) morning! Keep your fingers crossed and your prayers coming!

1 comment:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

We got a chuckle out of the pink ribbon, I know I got one of those on breast stroke as a kid. It is wonderful that you have a good support system helping you accomplish all of the extra activities.