Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pictures of the Week






Sorry, just had to post a few pictures. My older two kiddos are in Texas visiting their cousins. They were so excited, they got to fly there and everything! Thanks Lance and Aimee.

The other ones are of Cannon's day at the hospital. He loved being with Ethan and playing doctor. However, he was getting a little to confident by the end of the day and getting into things he shouldn't! But come on, what 3 year old would not try to have a hay day with all the stuff in Ethan's room!

Ethan is continuing to have good days. He is still quite sleepy. But he needs it. Physical therapy started coming in and working with him today. It was fun but overwhelming at the same time. He is so weak, but it will get better. The doctor today said "Everyday I just keep peeking in his room expecting to see problems. . . and they are not happening. I think he is REALLY getting better." Obviously that tells you how sick and fragile he WAS. Ethan has come so far. But it also reminds me how sick and fragile he IS. I express my gratitude everyday for his progress and pray that it will continue. I am all too well aware that with Ethan we can never let our guard down.

Love-
Heidi

6 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

WOW... he looks so great and has come so far!! I was looking through some pictures of Owen and found a couple that totally look like Ethan. Crazy. I'll have to dig back through and email them to you. Hang in there.

Andrea

jfbast said...

So glad to hear Ethan's finally turning that corner! xoxo

francb53 said...

Wonderful news to hear that Ethan is doing better. I love the pictures. Cannon looks like a pro with his gloves and all. Ethan looks so much more comfortable and it is so good to see him held by his big brother. I pray for his continued progress in the right direction. What a blessing!
Love,
Francie

Pete, Ali, Charlie and Rosie said...

So glad to hear that Ethan seems to have turned a corner. He's such a handsome boy! Hoping that he continues to improved day by day. Keep hanging in there - you're doing a great job!
Alison X

Sara said...

Alexa and Gage must be having so much fun! How great of Amy and Lance! Ethan looks so good!!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Too cute seeing Ethan's big brother checking his temperature and holding him. I can only imagine that eventually a 3 year old would want to explore all the exciting things in that hospital room. Glad he is having good days. I'm sure it is nice to get PT in there to work out his little muscles. Lots of love! Wendy

My 4 year old boy Griffin wanted me to be sure to tell you Ethan is very cute. He hopes he is better soon and prays for him.

Love Griffin Mazer