Saturday, July 25, 2009

All Smiles

So I was home most of the day while dad was hanging out with Ethan. I came in, washed my hands, and went over to see Ethan. I was chit chatting with Greg when I first walked up and grabbed Ethan's hand. Jess, the RT, walked over to the crib at the same time (my witness). After a moment I finally turned all my attention towards Ethan and started talking to him. I instantly got a sheepish smile. That made my day! So I kept talking to him and bam, a big huge smile right at me!!! He followed up with two more. So after a few minutes I decided to catch one one camera. As soon as I put the camera in front of him, and blocked my own face, he gave the the biggest pouty face w/ lower lip turned out and all. So sorry, no evidence of his smiles, but I did have a witness!

He is still doing well. Chest xray looking a little better every day. All his IV sedation has been turned off and he is getting methadone in his tummy to compensate. It is helping but he sure has the shakes. All is well, will post more tomorrow.
Love-
Heidi

3 comments:

Lacey said...

what a great way to start the day. With some smiles. Oh those darn withdrawls, they are so nasty.

The Simmons Family said...

I'm smiling ear to ear!! It's so great to hear that he's feeling well enough to SMILE again! We'll continue to pray for a smooth recovery from here on out.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Hooray for smiles!! What a special moment. I am glad he is feeling better. Improving x ray and no iv sedation, awesome!!