Friday, July 24, 2009

Baby Steps


I am so grateful. Ethan is still doing well. He is making baby steps forward. The easy pap treatments seem to be working. His xray looks a little bit better today (still has a long way to go). His labored breathing is getting a little bit easier. And his blood gases are great! He is also peeing well. Fevers are still coming and going. The infectious disease doctor said that the new diuretic we put him on is so close to Bumex that it will be hard to know if that is the problem. I asked him again if his teething could be the cause of the fevers. He said it is unlikely teething would cause such high fevers on and off for a week. But yes, maybe it could be. Hmmmm. He still thinks its a medication fever.

I get scared when I find myself getting excited at Ethan's progress. Yet time after time I have felt the Lord's comfort when Greg and I pray and ponder Ethan's future. We continue to appreciate everyday we have with him. However, we are ready to have many days at HOME with him and our other children!

5 comments:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

It is so frustrating trying to get to the bottom of a problem like fevers. Sounds like his respiratory status is really improving. We will keep the prayers coming. I can't wait till you guys get some time at home too. You all definitely deserve it.

Jana said...

You're in our thoughts and prayers as always.

Kerri said...

Always love getting the updates. You are a strong one!! Your family continues to be in our thoughts and prayers!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

yea!!! he is looking better too. He is always cute, but you know what I mean..

Lacey said...

Oh sweet Ethan, I'm so proud of you. keep going baby, your almost there.