Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cutest Face


After a day of cleaning, bowling, and swimming, I came into see this beautiful face. I can't get enough of it! Ethan keeps putting his fingers in his mouth and chewing on them. He has two teeth coming in! He is still working really hard (retracting) to breath, but his blood gases and vital signs are awsome. So I pray he can get through this time without tiring his little body and lungs out. Oh yea, and that he can keep peeing! His fever has been just above 100 degrees all afternoon. We'll see. Ethan likes to tease us like that. And just when we think it is going away, his temp will spike again. For now I will just stare at him and try to keep him peaceful!

PS: Gagers took 5th place overall at the final city swim meet in the Butterfly. Good job bud!

5 comments:

Andrea Gunnell said...

He is VERY CUTE!!! I'm so happy to hear that things are headed in the right direction. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are headed your way constantly.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Look at all that curly hair! He is so handsome, those eyes are amazing. Glad things have been improving, I will continue to pray that breathing will get easier for him, the fever will stay down, and the peeing will continue. He is just SO handsome. Keep up the hard work little guy!!! Gage is the butterfly master, talk about strong boys you've got there!

jfbast said...

He is looking much better in his new picture! You know, my babies always get fevers when they are cutting teeth. Would that just be too simple?

Sara said...

He looks good, Heidi. What a sweetie! Yeah, Gage, that is awesome!!!

bubba said...

I can't tell you how thrilled I was to open the carepages this morning and see that sweet little face with the deep brown eyes looking so great. Dare I say, maybe he is peeking around the corner and ready to make his steps to recovery and then home. Congratulations to Gage, it's wonderful to see your children succeed.
Will I see you at Savanna's shower. If not,I'll bring you lunch one afternoon and have a short visit. You're always in my thoughts and prayers. Barb