Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Super-Hero

Ethan is hanging in there. This surgery was a lot HARDER on him than we expected. I talked with a few people who have had these procedures and they said it was rough. But most did not have ALL the procedures at once. The staff keeps reminding me that he will be much better soon, but that he was not in the best "place" going into the surgery. He was looking a lot better the morning of surgery, but he has been fighting for his life the past few weeks. Although he has made many improvements, he was not out of the woods going into it. Thus the recovery is going to be harder on him.

Don't worry, he is doing well. Ethan just came back from the OR in TONS OF PAIN and looking like he had been in the ring with Rocky. He is so tolerant of his sedation and pain meds that they had to majorly increase them after surgery. So today they decided they are not making any changes. They want to keep him sedated and comfortable. If all goes well they will start feeding him tomorrow and trying to wean the sedation and ventilator. I am not in a hurry though. I want his pain to be under control before we push him too much. He has been through too much, and he is still fighting. . . what can I say. . . He is my super-hero!

Much love-
Heidi

4 comments:

Andrea Gunnell said...

He IS a super hero and so are you! You have been through so much together. Thanks again for the updates. We are always praying for your family.

Emily Weber said...

Hey Heidi! Francie just called me and said you're in need of a massage. Well, I would LOVE to give you one (on the house)! Lord knows you deserve one! Just give me a call and we can set up an appointment. I hope you don't mind coming to my house though. My table is big and hard to cart around. I think Francie is giving Miriam my number. Please call me. I would love to help you in any way I can.

Unknown said...

Our first peek at your site, and we love being brought up to date and knowing our prayers have been answered, hope you are staying strong and we will keep up to date everyday now that we have found this site. All our love , especially to little Ethan. Uncle Don and Aunt Kathy

Hot Diggity Daws said...

It is clear Ethan has the perfect guardian angel mother to watch over and protect him. He really is a super hero. I'm sure a little time to rest and heal will prove a great asset to him when the time is right to start feeds and wean the vent.

Ethan may be currently resting in his batcave, recovering from the most recent battle, but he is the man, and when he is ready he will claim the victory! And of course, all of his fans will cheer!!!