Saturday, June 27, 2009

Drainage Has Slowed. . . Again!

We are very hopeful right now. Ethan decreased his chest tube output to an average of 10mL an hour starting at 1am. They are doing chest x-rays every 6 hours. The most recent one at noon shows no new build up in the pleural spaces. The surgeries tomorrow have been put on HOLD. We are hoping Ethan is truly getting his "leaky lungs" under control all by himself! Since they are not having to give Ethan so much fluid to make up for the drainage, we are hoping his body will now be in a position to heal and move forward. Greg and I are overwhelmed with gratitude right now. If the output picks back up they may still do the surgery Monday.

Greg has become EXTREMELY protective of his little baby boy these past two weeks. Greg asked me not to post pictures of Ethan in his current condition. He has hardly left his side and has continued to pray, fast, and be optimistic. His attitude has carried Ethan and me through this time, as well as the prayers and faith of all of you.
Thank you-
Heidi

6 comments:

Avery said...

This update makes me cry! I'm SO happy the drainage has slowed!! YEAH! Oh I hope his body is going to start healing itself. There is NOTHING like getting good news on that floor. Keep it up Ethan!
Praying for you all..

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I have tears in my eyes. I am so glad that there is some progress. I pray that it will continue. You guys deserve some more good news!

Pete, Ali, Charlie and Rosie said...

Hoping so hard that Ethan's drainage slows to a stop very soon, and that the surgeries can be avoided. Keep hanging in there. With love X

Life Unscripted said...

you have no idea how silly i look over here doing the happy dance around the house. Lily is laughing along with the boys, which Lucas asked me, " Mommy why are you dancing so silly?" I am singing praises to our heavenly father right now. Once again on my knees praying...Good job Ethan...our little talk seemed to have worked after all.

On another note, I hope you both enjoyed the somewhat normality of a date night. I hope you enjoyed the movie. I will be by hopefully soon again. It was nice to chat.

I will leave you with a few links to some songs that I felt the urge to share with you.

These three songs are from a Christian group called Hillsong United, that I was blessed to be able to see in person. I felt the Holy spirit move through me with these songs. I was listening to their CD and I couldn't help but of Ethan, your little man has captured my heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-08YZF87OBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbGgA2lIDjc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAMbEPZfWCY

This last one is called Hope Now, by Addison Road
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xboucW89gUU

Sending you hugs, loves and prayers
Jenna and Lilyana

Anonymous said...

That is GREAT news! Ethan is SO lucky to have such loving and dedicated parents. And you guys are SO lucky to have such a sweet baby boy! We'll continue to think of your family! Prayers being sent your way!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

What a special blessing that the fluid has dropped off. I will keep the prayers coming that this will be the end of the fluid accumulations and that Ethan will continue to heal and get off the vent soon. You all deserve some rest from this hard labor. I know Ethan has amazing parents, specially selected for their immense ability to love and support him through this rough patch.