We are very hopeful right now. Ethan decreased his chest tube output to an average of 10mL an hour starting at 1am. They are doing chest x-rays every 6 hours. The most recent one at noon shows no new build up in the pleural spaces. The surgeries tomorrow have been put on HOLD. We are hoping Ethan is truly getting his "leaky lungs" under control all by himself! Since they are not having to give Ethan so much fluid to make up for the drainage, we are hoping his body will now be in a position to heal and move forward. Greg and I are overwhelmed with gratitude right now. If the output picks back up they may still do the surgery Monday.
Greg has become EXTREMELY protective of his little baby boy these past two weeks. Greg asked me not to post pictures of Ethan in his current condition. He has hardly left his side and has continued to pray, fast, and be optimistic. His attitude has carried Ethan and me through this time, as well as the prayers and faith of all of you.