Saturday, August 15, 2009

Waiting Game


As you can see Mickey and Goofy came by. Nothing to new to report otherwise. Ethan is still a sumo; slowly but surely peeing more. He has been on the carvedilol for 2 days now. They say it will take a good week on his new meds to be fully effective. They did an echo Friday afternoon to evaluate his heart. Not much has changed. His heart rate has slowed, so they were hoping the right ventricle would have more time to fill up. But it doesn't seem to be any different. Time will tell. Unfortunately the left ventricle is still collapsing in on the right ventricle. His fever has been low or absent the last two days which has been nice. I wish I had more exciting news to post. But the waiting game continues. In the mean time we are just loving him up as best we can with him being attached to too much stuff!
Love-
Heidi
PS: Its a good thing Mickey came by again. . . Last time he did Dad was in the dog house for not taking a picture!

4 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I guess sometimes no news is good news. That is a sweet picture of him there with Mickie and Minnie. Hope things get better and he will continue to improve.

francb53 said...

Heidi and Greg,
Just want you to know I continue to pray for your little Ethan. I know some days just seem to go by status quo and others show the progress that is so prayed for. Ethan has such a strong spirit. I am always so impressed by all of your family's strength and courage. Love, Aunt Francie

Hot Diggity Daws said...

That is sweet that Goofy and Mickey came by. I hope the meds really start to work their magic. Be strong little one. We continue to pray for you Ethan!

The Simmons Family said...

Oh, the waiting is the worst! I hope the Carvedilol is doing the trick. Owen's been on it for 3 weeks and we'll find out on Tuesday if it's doing any good. It's a cross your fingers and wait game.

I love when the characters drop by. I have a few pictures of the back of Owen's head because he was checkin out the characters instead of looking at the camera. Then it made me wonder why we expect our kids to turn away from the characters to look at us for a picture.. of course they would rather stare at Mickey. Anyway, I'm digressing. :)

I'll keep praying and watching for updates.