Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Staying thru the weekend. . . Ughhh*#?/!

Ethan looks great and is acting awsome! I am not too happy. They want to keep us here til Monday! I understand why, but I just wish we were home. The good news is his chest x-ray looks better today (less wet) and so they decided to keep the IV diuretics going one more day and tomorrow we will switch to oral doses. Then they want 3 days of keeping the fluid off on the oral meds before we can go home. That puts us to Sunday and they don't discharge on Sunday. I would LOVE to be home at least 3 weeks before we are back in for the next Surgery. Ethan needs to know what real life is all about. Except it is easier to keep Cannon away from him here :)
Speaking of Cannon. . . he is having way too much fun at his playdates. He has no problem making himself feel right at home. Check him out in this picture at the Wright's house. Doing the dishes in the buff while casually eating grapes!!! HMMMM. Where did he get that from?



7 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

WOW, he does look fantastic!!! They don't want to discharge you cause they'll miss him too much! HA. I had the hardest time getting out of there after both of Owen's surgeries. I had to BEG and PLEAD and then finally THREATEN to just go home! At least you have a goal in sight of Monday! Praying for you!

Caryn said...

I think the cuter the baby, the longer they keep' em. Having heart issues plays no part! Ha ha...

Just stand strong, and if you really feel he is ready don't just let them tell you when is right. You are still the parent- we had to finally have our cardio call the hospital to let us leave once!

Natalie Hall said...

I love what Caryn said.... So true! He looks so happy and alert, such a blessing. You are the mom and know what's best, but wow! So scary every moment, and you my dear are a true anchor... Gosh, hang in there. Darling pictures. The kitchen one wins..

Life Unscripted said...

I hate when things seem like they are at a stand still. I always hated getting my hopes up at the "H" word and then something else would hold us back.

I do not remember the number to the floor anymore but I would love to come and visit tomorrow if you are up to it. I will try to dig up the number to call to see when the best time to come by would be.

We are still praying, and hopefully come Monday morning you will be heading home and stay there until his next surgery.

Sending our prayers and Blessings

Jenna and Lilyana

Sara said...

I can't believe how big and strong he looks! Hopefully, you'll be home soon!

Leigh said...

That little stinker! He's gonna give you gray hair soon! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery and hope he comes home soon. xoxoxo's

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I'm so sorry they are keeping him there. :( I hope he will get to go home soon and be with you all!