Monday, April 20, 2009

No News is Good News

We are still hanging out at the hospital. Ethan looks great. We were hoping to go home tomorrow, BUT it looks like end of the week. They decided to go back on IV diuretics to try and rid that last bit of fluid around his lungs. They have tried it twice before and it didn't work, but maybe the third time will be a charm :) He can go home with that little amount if it doesn't work. That means after the IV is done tomorrow, we have to wait out a few days back on the oral (or in his case G-tube) dose and make sure the fluid is staying off his lungs. I have decided its time to take charge of my life that I have no control over. So I have begun to jog around the hospital and do the stairs. I am not a big exercise person, but there is something for taking time out for yourself. . . Its helps with sanity anyway! And hopefully the fourth baby love handles. . .
Loves-
Heidi

4 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

What love handles!?? You are beautiful! But exercise definately helps with the stress factor! I hope he gets to go home soon!

The Simmons Family said...

I admire you exercising at the hospital! I always said they should have a workout room for parents.. for their sanity and lbs for lack of sleep and cafeteria food :).

GOOD FOR YOU!

Praying for Ethan all the time. I'm so happy to hear he'll be home soon!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I can just see you jogging the halls you cute girl! You crack me up.

Glad little Ethan is doing well. Hopefully they will get the right amount of diuresis going on so you can get back home soon.

Keep up the good work.

Aimee said...

He looks so good! We can't wait to see the whole family again.