Saturday, April 11, 2009

Back in the hospital

After finally figuring out a home routine (sort of) Ethan is back in the hospital. He was retaining too much fluid, breathing too fast (and hard), and got a low grade fever. His oxygenation was also getting a little to low. Due to all of these items they wanted him readmitted. Most of his tests have come back with good results. They are not sure what is causing the fever, but the fever increased today to 101.5, so now they are re-running all the tests just to be safe. The fluid on his lungs has not increased. . . That is a relief. His heart also appears to be working well. His red blood cells are a little low so they have decided to give him a blood transfusion tonight and that should help him oxygenate better. They have also put him on some ventilator assistance to try and slow down his breathing. This sounds like a lot (and it is) but he looks great. We hope once he gets through this fever he will be able to come home. . . but we know Ethan is unpredictable! He likes to get every little side effect out there! Please pray for a quick recovery.
Lots of Love-
Heidi

7 comments:

Sandi said...

Please let me know what I can do to help!!

Andrea Gunnell said...

I'm sorry you had to take him back. I'll pray that you will be able to take him home and be together as a family again soon.

cici said...

Sorry you have to spend Easter at the Hospital. Get well quick Ethan!!

Life Unscripted said...

That is rotten. I am sorry to hear he is back at St.Joes. We may all love the team, but not enough to have to stay again. We will be praying for a quick recovery. Hopefully you will be home before our apt on Wed.

heart hugs and blessings
Jenna and Lilyana

Barbara Wiser said...

I hope it's a quick stay for Ethan. I know it's so much nicer when he's home!

&D designs said...

Sorry to hear he is back in the hospital - hang in there! One time will had a UTI we were in the hospital for 2 weeks just for that, not for the heart! What can I do to help you?

The Simmons Family said...

I don't know how I missed this post!! I am so sorry that he's back in the hospital (or is he home now)?! Praying for you!

Oh.. and on Easter too, I just realized. Bummer. I hope he's doing better.