Friday, May 15, 2009

Trache is OUT!

The trache came out at about 9am. He is doing awsome. He is a little scared when he coughs. Its a whole new feeling. The funny thing is he has not needed any oxygen since the trache came out. That would be extra nice if he didn't need that anymore! The docs want to keep him one more night just to be sure everything goes well. I can live with that. I have been humbled by how far he has come in the last few weeks. I keep thinking I am dreaming. Greg and I just look forward to spending the next few weeks at home with him again.
Much love-
Heidi

8 comments:

Pete, Ali, Charlie and Rosie said...

That's great news! Well done little Ethan! We're hoping you're all back home very soon! With love X

jfbast said...

Yay! That's great news! So glad to hear it.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Hooray! Keep up the excellent work little man.

Anonymous said...

So happy for you. Go, Ethan, go! Can't wait until we get to post something similar for Rudy. As it is, it looks like we might be doing Glenn posts at the same time. Rudy's cath is scheduled for 6/5 with surgery probably coming in the weeks following.

Celebrate the milestones!

Rolf and Trish
www.rudysbeat.wordpress.com

Andrea Gunnell said...

Yay!!! One less thing to worry about while taking care of him at home! Keep the good news coming.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

That is so great! I am so happy for you guys! Sounds like he is just doing so well and continuing to improve all the time. Love you!

The Lundell's said...

You guys are in our prayers always! We are so happy to hear of Ethan's progress. Please let me help any way I can. You are such an amazing family and we really look up to you!

Arizona Arnolds said...

I am so happy to hear good news.
Your family is amazing and little Ethan is a lucky boy to have such love and care on his side.
I hope for happy days ahead!