Thursday, May 21, 2009

Next Surgery!?*@!


Well, we have been enjoying life at home without the trache. . . Not having to suction constantly is the bomb. It was a little scary for a few days. Ethan did not want to cough and we had a few "bluish" moments. We would have to gag him to get him to cough his secretions out. After a few days the secretions decreased, he got used to coughing, and his cry got louder. . . He has been up a lot at night. We thought he was such a great sleeper, but I think we just didn't hear him half the time because he had no voice with the trache. So sorry bud!
Well at the last appointment we got the news. . .Next surgery, the Glenn, is June 2nd. I wanted to throw up when they walked in and said the date. I knew it was soon, but hearing a date makes it so real. I am not ready to see Ethan like that again. Not that I think any parent is ever ready to see their child's life hanging by a thread. But is must be done. I am just praying the lungs cooperate a little better this time. It would be nice to get out in a month instead of two! Keep the prayers coming.
Much love-
Mom

8 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Oh, wow, that has to be so overwhelming! We will definately keep him in our prayers and will hope that all goes well. Good luck and please keep us posted!

Dennison Family said...

He looks so cute without the trach! GO ETHAN!! I'm sorry about the next surgery date! That really is soon. Let me know when you are up there and I will come visit with frozen yogurt

The Simmons Family said...

I'm so glad the Trach is out and he's feeling better. I'm sure it's great to hear his little voice!!

I'm sorry the Glenn has to be so soon. Seriously though, it's nice to get it out of the way and DONE with. Then you can go about your daily life and hopefully not worry about surgery until the Fontan. WE PRAY you never have to deal with transplant (it's the pits).

Ethan is such a beauty (I mean stud), but you know what I mean.

Andrea :)

Sara said...

He is looking so good. You all are amazing!

francb53 said...

Ethan looks great! It must feel wonderful to have his trach out and hear his voice! It is scarry to think about his next surgery, but I know Ethan is a fighter and will do well. Keep up the good work.
Love,
Aunt Francie

Andrea Gunnell said...

I know the way you're feeling...after Kyson's first surgery not a moment went by that I didn't think about having to take him back to the hospital to go through it all again! It was very very hard. I'm so sorry it's so soon but in the end you'll be grateful. Grateful to have it overwith and grateful to have him home for a couple years without having to think about surgery. I'll sure be thinking about and praying for you guys as that date approaches.

The Bunkers said...

Heidi, I love you. -Meghan

Aimee said...

he is getting so cute...can't wait to see him again -- and everyone else too.