Thursday, September 10, 2009

Beautiful Poem

We have been busy. We had a blast in the mountains over labor day weekend. And somehow I convinced Greg we needed to be soccer coaches (thought being involved right now would be good for us and our kids). Not to mention the 6 months of ignored chores and the finishing touches that need to be completed in regards to Ethan's life. I did scroll through some heart heart mommy blogs the other day though and found this poem. I loved it. My favorite compliment I get is when people say they have been changed for the better by Ethan's story!

Somewhere…someplace… today…
A family is waiting to hear…
Is something wrong with their baby?
The answers aren’t quite clear…
This family has entered an unwanted world…
And they just don’t know what to expect…
Somewhere…someplace… today
They first heard the words: heart defect.
And how they hoped this was not true…
And thought… this cannot be…
I too… know just how this feels…
For one day…this was me.
Somewhere…someplace…today…
A man and a woman embrace…
Their baby is in surgery…They long to see his face…
They haven’t got to hold him yet…Without…a cord or line…
They pace the room awaiting news…
And hope she’ll be just fine.
Prayers fill this busy waiting room…And mom and dad are scared…
Somewhere…someplace..today…
The tiniest hearts are repaired.
Somewhere…someplace…today…
A child’s growing fast…Smiling,laughing,thriving…
His mom thinks…can this last?
It’s almost easy…to forget…That anything is wrong…
Somewhere…someplace..today…
Her child seems so strong.
Somewhere…someplace… today…
A little boy fights…just to live
A father holds his tiny hand…His love…all he can give…
The doctor’s are all baffled…They fear that he might die…
Somewhere…someplace…today…A family says goodbye…
Somewhere…someplace…each year..
More than 40,000 families will see…
What it means…when something’s wrong…They’ll face a CHD.
Today…for just a moment…Stop…remember…reflect…
Make time to tell someone you know…
“I’ve been changed by a heart defect.”

Author - Stephanie Husted

8 comments:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

What an incredible poem bringing in the reader to all of the joys and stresses all of you special heart parents go through. My life and my family's lives have all been changed through our hopes and prayers for Ethan and the other heart babies.

My son now prays that all babies will be born healthy, and no one will ever have to be sick.

Soccer coaches?! How fun is that!! Too bad you guys are probably playing out east, otherwise we would kill to be on your team!

Anonymous said...

Great poem. Thanks for sharing and for posting as you are often in our thoughts and prayers. Just good to know you're alright.

Peace,

Rolf

Sandi said...

Are you coaching for Cannon? That sounds like so much fun/craziness!!! Hope you had a great trip to Show Low!! LOVE LOVE that poem! Lets get together soon...maybe Sat??

Nicole said...

Miss you guys. I was in his room the other night and got teary-eyed. Miss all my angels.

Melodie said...

Love It! (both the soccer coaches and the poem). Glad u posted again.

Pete, Ali, Charlie and Rosie said...

Hello. Thanks so much for the message on Charlie's blog - it was good to hear from you. Just wanted you to know that you are still in my thoughts and prayers every day as you follow this difficult road. Keep hanging in there. With love, Ali x

Nic said...

Heidi, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since we talked at tumbling so I thought I'd type in your name on a blog search and here you are. I am now sobbing. technology is amazing! I was just so touched by your calmness and attitude about losing your little Ethan. And by the faces of your sweet little kids. I could just feel your love for him as you were talking and could feel that your spirit and testimony are so strong & tender. Your story touched & impressed me. My heart aches for your loss. Thank you for sharing and for reminding me to love & cherish every moment. I had a bad morning with my daughter yesterday & needed to be reminded of her being a gift from our Heavenly Father, that I need to be patient and tender with. I am so amazed with your strenth.

Katie said...

Hi,
Found your blog and about your loss from Mia's blog. We're heart friends with Mimi and Mia.

I'm so sorry about your sweet baby boy. I'll keep you in my prayers, my heart goes out to you and I can't imagine what these days without him are like. And yes, there is no better place for him to be than in Heaven if he can't live here on earth anymore. May you be comforted that he's safe in the Lord's arms and watching over your darling family.

From one heart mom to another, heart hugs....
Love,
Katie (Maddie's mom, HRHS)