Sunday, March 28, 2010

Grandpa Tom


Another funeral for the Skidmore household, however this one was filled with joy and peace. Grandpa Tom lived a wonderful life. He passed away at the age of 84 and was able to be reunited w/ his wife who passed just over two years ago. I can't but help be a hint jealous. . . I am pretty sure an embrace w/ Ethan was one of the things Grandpa experienced once he crossed to the other side.
I am grateful for such a great heritage. Grandpa had a very strong testimony of the gospel, loved life, and gave our family some great traditions. Cannon's middle name is Thomas, like Grandpa (his real name was Donald Thomas Stapley). He refused to call Cannon by his firt name. He always called him C Thomas! Well, D Thomas, you will be missed.

3 comments:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Though a full life was lived, it is still hard to say goodbye. Sweet story and wonderful heritage for little C.Thomas! Hugs to you all.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I'm so glad that it was a peaceful experience for you guys. He sounds like an amazing man.

Rusty and Jacquie said...

Heidi,

I don't know how often you check your blog so in hopes you will get this in time I was wondering if I can ask a favor of you. My friends and are doing something for Brittany and want to include you. Please email me as soon as possible for more details. I don't want to give it away! my email is addington_7@hotmail.com