Tuesday, February 23, 2010

We Did It. . . $10,000 to help CHD families!






Ethan's Run was a huge success thanks to many of YOU! The weather held out just long enough and the main events were able to take place. The 10K course was awsome! It was hard and challenging. . . and shockingly no complaints about it. Most people said they loved the challenge and there are no other 10K like it in the valley. I was afraid no one would come back after they ran it :)

The fun run was great. I LOVED all the kiddos running and scooting their hearts out! There was a HUGE heart family and friend turn out too. I love seeing everyone, just wished I had actually had time to talk to you all. I love you guys! And I have loved receiving all your pictures and comments!

I also want to THANK all those that sacrificed so much time to help. The volunteers and support was awsome. I am humbled by it to tell you the truth!

I ran the 10K (which didn't leave me much time to visit) but I did it for Ethan. I could not put on an event in honor of my son, call it Ethan's Run, and not run it!

Now starts the PAY IT FORWARD part. We raised $10,000! After I finish up with post race details I will start working on the details with the Congenital Heart Foundation on how to distribute the funds to benefit those families struggling with complicated battles!

There will definately be an Ethan's Run: Hope for Heart Defects 2011!

I have tons of new pictures to still go through! I will post more later. This week I need to finish up race stuff and, oh maybe, tend to my neglected house.

Love- Heidi

15 comments:

Caryn said...

Amazing. I've got Goosebumps and all.

You did it, I hope you and your family are so proud of what an amazing legacy you are leaving in Ethan's name. Next year I hope you dole out more of the work- people would love to help for sure. Hugs!

Now take a bath, hire housekeepers for a day and hug your kiddos. {hugs}

Katie said...

You did an amazing job! It was really so much fun and we loved being there.

Looking forward to next year!!

Andrea Gunnell said...

Wow!!! Good job Heidi. It was so fun to be able to attend an event like this. Thanks for all of your hard work. I am so impressed that you raised $10,000!!! I'm sure Ethan is so grateful and proud of you. We will be looking forward to it next year!

Lacey said...

Wow what an amazing turn out! I wish I could have been there!

Aimee Hardy said...

That's so amazing. It makes me wish we lived in Arizona. Congratualtions on a such succesful event for such a great cause.

Jamie said...

Looks like it turned out great. I was at my sister in laws Baptism in NM wish I could have made it. Cant wait to attend next year. Jamie would still love to meet you one of us is always home with Paige. Stop when you are at practice at Harmony Park.

Nicole said...

Heidi,
You did amazing! I'm so proud to be your friend. $10,000 is going to be such an incredible gift to these families. I can't wait until next year when I can actually run like a normal human being. I loved seeing the kids pictures at every mile marker. That really helped to keep me going when my knee wanted me to stop. I agree that you should let others help a little more. I know you're OCD like me, but Ethan wouldn't want his mommy to stress so much over his run :) Now relax...you did it!!!!

Kerri said...

What an awesome event! So sad I was out of town ... count us in for 2011!! :)

Rhonda said...

It was an absolute honor for me to take place in this event. There was an amazing spirit that was there & I felt blessed to be able to take part in it.
You did a fantastic job & I am so impressed with the turn out you had & for the awesome amount that was raised!
You should feel so proud of the beautiful tribute you did for your son!
I've never run a K anything & even though I felt like I bit off way more than I could chew, I kept going because I kept reminding myself of why I was there in the first place.
The mile-markers brought a tear to my eye everytime.
Thank you for all you hard work!
I will definitely be back next year!
~Rhonda Rasmussen

Anonymous said...

Yay! I was pleasently surprised at the large turnout and I think it will be even bigger next year! It was so wonderfully organized and the 10K course was awesome! You did such a great job. Congrats!

g-ma-vicki said...

What a wonderful turnout in terms of awareness and money. Since I'm Andrea's mom, I keep up on so many heart babies and moms...this run in Ethan's memory brought all you moms together with even more love and support after meeting face to face. By the way, Mr. Owen loved the attention...we feel blessed by your unselfish act of service that will help more of these special babes! Our prayers continue to be with you as you await the time until you and Ethan are reunited.

Pete, Ali, Charlie and Rosie said...

Hi guys,
First of all, a huge congratulations on the success of Ethan's run. You should be so proud of yourselves, organising such a massive event honouring your beautiful boy. If I lived on the same continent I'd have been there running (or maybe walking... or perhaps crawling...) with you!
Thanks so much for the message on Charlie's blog - I don't need to tell you how much it means to know there are friends on the other side of the world thinking of us and praying for Charlie as his Fontan approaches. (And yes - it will be AMAZING not to have it looming after six and a half years!) I'll be updating Charlie's blog when we're in hospital, so you'll be able to keep up with how he's getting on.
I think of you so often, and love to keep up with what you're all getting up to.
With love and thanks from across the pond xxx

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

That is so awesome Heidi. I wish we could have been there.

Jenny said...

Dern it Heidi, I'm so sad I missed it! You are incredibly to pull through all you have been dealt. What an inspiration you are! Count us in for 2011!

Kristi said...

We definetly want to be involved in it next year! Please add us to any mailing list you might have! vegaangel82@yahoo.com

Kristi
www.GabriellasHeart.com