Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ethan's Run, Final Countdown


The FINAL COUNTDOWN is on for ETHAN'S RUN: HOPE FOR HEART DEFECTS! Please help spread the word. It has come together very well. The event is in the community of Las Sendas in NE Mesa. Please enter from Power & Thomas Rd. and plan on arriving by 8 (so not to cut it too close). I have been very blessed to have two boy scounts want to help with Ethan's Run for their Eagle Projects. . . I could not be more grateful. And quite frankly, my mini stress breakdowns as of late might have been a full blown breakdown if they hadn't come along. Thanks Max & Sam.

If you didn't notice, the fun/run is now ONLY A 1 MILE. Sorry if you were planning on a two miler, but I just couldn't make it work without messing up the 10K. There will be complimentary snacks, drinks, and messages for the 10K runners. The fun zone (8am to 11am) is at the park w/ free bounce houses, and tons of play equipment. Tropical Smoothie will be there, and the newest edition is a PANCAKE BREAKFAST for purchase! And of course, CUTE SHIRTS to all registrants. There is day of registration w/ cash, but shirts are not guaranteed. To pre-register go to my button on the side and it will connect you to online reg! Thanks to all the sponsors and those who are helping to make this a great event! If you can't make it, just try to always spread Congenital Heart Defect Awareness! It is the number one birth defect and the number one cause of infant death from birth defects.
Cannon asks everyday if it is "Efin's Run yet?" Almost buddy, almost!

11 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

We'll all be there!! I'm trying to rally up the family troops to come out as well!! I can't wait to finally meet you all!!! :)

Summer said...

Good Luck with the RUN! What a wonderful way to remember sweet Ethan!

Love, Mason's Mommy

Kerri said...

I was planning on coming but realized I will be in CA with my family this same weekend, darn!! I will be thinking of you guys and I hope it is a huge success, I know it will be!!

Jessica Makuh said...

I am new to your blog, but just want to tell you what an inspiration you are to me. You are so strong! We live in Wapakoneta, Ohio and our daughter Lauren is 15 months and also has HLHS. We have been very blessed that she has no other health problems and she has overcome feeding issues and lung damage from bronchiolitis. She is tube free and eating on her own. She will be soon be walking! I like to think if she has further problems I will be as strong as you, but I have my doubts. I will remember you in the years to come and find my strength through you, as well as the Lord. I am so sorry that you lost your beautiful Ethan. Jessica Makuh, jnmakuh@live.com

Caryn said...

All signed up! Hey I took my blog private so I need your email.

iscaryn@cox.net

Lindsay said...

Have I told you before how amazing I think you are for putting this all together? Seriously, what a project! We are so excited to be there to support you, Ethan, and all of our heart family!

Shannon said...

I am crossing my fingers that we can be there! Sydnee has a dance competition and we dont get the shedule and times until right before! Good luck with pulling it all together!

Anonymous said...

Me and my family are so excited! (I am Jesse Pease's sister- I believe you know her and her little boy Lewis). I also have gotten a lot of my friends to come by inviting them through facebook. We're so excited! Also... if there is ANYTHING I can to do help... please let me know! I would love to help out in any way I can- just email me at amanda.hall85@gmail.com!

&D designs said...

We're going to be there - you're amazing to do this! TEAM GOOCH is excited to be walking for this cause. I haven't heard if you need help with this! knowing you it's all taken care of - you're great!

Katie said...

Just signed up! Looking forward to it.

toni said...

My husband and I lost our 3-year-old niece following surgery for ASD in October. We are runners but look for races to support the causes near and dear to us.

We will be thinking of Ethan, Ryleigh and all the other little fighters on Satuday.

Thank you for setting up a great run!

Toni