Monday, November 16, 2009

Headstone

I have no idea why this keeps turning sideways when I upload it! So I give up. But here is Ethan's headstone (just kink your neck to the left!) . It got set at the end of last week. I took a picture but the headstone was all dirty and I didn't bring cleaning tools. So I figured I will show the before pic for now. I have to mention how cute Greg was when we were picking out the headstone. Most pictures are oval. Greg felt "oval" was not manly enough for Ethan. He needed a tough "square" picture instead! But I do love how it turned out.

We met with the team. They have no idea why Ethan died (Disclaimer: obviously he was not a well child). The change in his heart failure meds and ventilator mode must of made him a little "off". Apparently they don't feel the heart failure meds affected his blood flow to his lungs. His heart and lungs must not have liked the changes made around 5 that evening. Ethan knew my feelings and my prayer. He got a little off that night and told his angel "the time is now right". Just like the poem Greg read at the funeral. Kind of beautiful to tell you the truth. I saw his ekg strips. No major arrythmia like I first thought (or was told). He just bradied down (heart litrally slowed down in sinus bradycardia). He eventully went into a funky rythm after he was "gone". Pretty peaceful. Enough said on that subject.

9 comments:

Katie said...

The headstone is beautiful Heidi! Hope you are doing well.

The Simmons Family said...

The headstone is PERFECT!!!

Pete, Ali, Charlie and Rosie said...

Thinking of you so often, Heidi. Ethan's headstone is lovely - the square photograph is perfect. Hope you are doing ok. With love X

Sandi said...

I LOVE how the headstone turned out. It is truly perfect for him! He was such a wise and selfless soul and I truly believe and agree with you that he knew when the time was just right. I love you so much and I want to thank you for being such an example of faith and strength and I hope I can one day be as good a mother as you are. Hope to see you soon!!! Let me know what I can do to help with Ethan's Run!!! xoxo

Kerri said...

It is beautiful! And I too LOVE the square photo, it is just perfect!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I love the headstone, it is perfect. I know that will be a sacred place for you to visit and feel close to Ethan.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I LOVE the headstone, Greg was right, square is more manly.

Sending Hugs!

Sara said...

It's beautiful, Heidi.

Shannon said...

I love it! So cute how Greg had such an opinion about it. Hope you guys are doing well, you are in my thoughts and prayers often.