Friday, July 30, 2010

Gifts

What were you doing this day last year? Was it a day I got to hold you? Was it the last day you were happy and smiling? I wondered. I did it... I shouldn't have. I pulled it off the shelf. Two hours later, thousands of tears, a box of kleenex, and a wicked headache the next morning. Does that make the phrase "miss you so bad it hurts" true? More than you know. It's been ALMOST a year... yet still so tangible. You are still the front and center of every thought. EVERYTHING reminds me of you. I miss you son.

I must thank those kind soles who have given me (our family) so many kind gestures. Here are two of the newest.

Greg's cousins had this portrait painted of Ethan. My snap shot does not do it justice. It's AMAZING. It captures the day, one of his best, the embrace, his eyes... It's perfect. Thanks Wrights

This one is so meaningful. One of my dearest friends had this CD signed by Paul Cardall. He is an LDS musician/pianist. He is a single ventricle (right) who recently had his first heart transplant. He supports CHD's and the children they effect so much. Thanks Cullimores.

The third gift was a letter and picture from my aunt. Her daughter (my cousin Melanie) passed away after a 20 month struggle w/ life. Melanie would be 25 years old now. It is a total different situation, but in the end her lungs are what took her. I have since cried many tears of joy and sorrow w/ my aunt. She has given me hope. I hate the bond that ties us, but LOVE that I have someone to share it with, someone who has journeyed this road and can give me guidance. Thanks Kathy.

7 comments:

Rusty and Jacquie said...

yes. it is true i miss you so bad it hurts. It is ok to cry in fact it is healthy and when I cry I know a part of me is healing. Oh how sweet those gifts are. I am sure you will treasure them. Have you been to Jess Bowman's blog? she is on my sidebar but she has paul crandall music playing on her blog...her little Stephen had a fatal heart defect. I love reading her posts....she so eliquently and gracefully puts into words my many feelings and emotions on this ride...her boy and mine were gone 3 days apart from each other.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

That picture is beautiful.

Aunt Kathy has been amazingly supportive. She loves us. She is always asking how I'm doig and what she can do to help me. I think it takes having a child who suffers or has struggled for a mom to really get how it feels.

So sorry for the sorrow you are facing. :( I hope you can feel comfort and love from all who love you.

Aimee said...

love you

Kerri said...

Wow! The art print of you and Ethan is breath taking! What a treasure!

I know I don't get to see you too often anymore, but I think of you and your family all the time. Lots of love to you guys!

Katie said...

I've been thinking about you a lot. These gifts are perfect. I love the painting. BIg hugs to you and your sweet family.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. Beautiful gifts. Love the canvas, how special that will always be for you. Oh that it were possible to avoid this separation. Many Hugs.

Dennison Family said...

What sweet gifts. I know what you mean...it does hurt so bad to miss him. Sometimes I just feel like I need to be close to him, so I pull out those items that are special, and of course, I cry! But, it also makes me remember him more. ((hugs))