Sunday, December 27, 2009

Tis the Season



My older kids have been battling strep throat the past couple years & even worse lately. . . so one week before Christmas they had their tonsils & adnoids removed! I know, how mean right before Christmas. . . But Gage couldn't miss any more school for his recovery, and quite truthfully, the deductible was mostly met thanks to Mr. Ethan. So we went for it and are praying for a happy and healthy 2010 for our whole family! And yes, they recovered enough to enjoy Christmas!
My favorite decor of the year was the addition of these new stockings. We had to buys new ones because I only had four. Ethan's is the green with poka dots. . . Santa left tickets in Ethan's stocking for our family to go see Mary Poppins to celebrate Ethan's birthday. So fun.



Gotta love the bed head and that it is still dark outside. I am so grateful for my family & friends, and to celebrate the birth and life of our Saviour, Jesus Christ this year. For His life makes it possible for us to be together forever as a family! Merry Christmas!


3 comments:

The Tams Family said...

Glad you all had a nice Christmas! Mary Poppins...oh I'm jealous!!!

The Simmons Family said...

I LOVED your Christmas Cards! I'm glad you had a great day! I need to buy new stockings.. this year we went with the good ol' dollar store version.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and have fun at Mary Poppins.. I am taking Kamryn too.

Jacky Cheng said...

i live in an apartment/suite (college housing) and we did stockings too...can't ever go wrong with that haha

anyways, you have a lovely family! reading this felt very heart-warming and i hope you enjoyed the holidays!